This simple recipe is a colourful, nutritious dish that can be served as a snack, an appetizer or along side a meal. It can be used as a spread inside wraps or on top of any savoury dish for some added flavour.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 dashes of Tabasco sauce (hot sauce)
- 1 large tomato, finely diced, juice squeezed out
- dash of garlic powder
- dash of no-salt seasoning (Mrs. Dash)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
Cut each avocado, peel the skin and remove the stone. Mash the avocados in a medium bowl with a fork or potato masher. It’s ok to leave some chunks for texture. Prepare the tomato by finely chopping it, then scoop some in your hands and gently squeeze out most of the juice. Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir to combine. Add more or less spices to taste. Place in a serving dish and serve with corn tortilla chips.